Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Welcome to my kitchen!

I think its fun to picture a food blogger's 'home'.  The other night I went through and cleaned out our cabinets and the pantry - as these tend to get a little unruly from time to time.  So I went ahead and took some shots of our kitchen.  My husband did much to redesign the kitchen space a couple years ago, and I am still so thankful for the beautiful improvements.  As you can see, he replaced the appliances with stainless steel.  
We had granite countertops put in along with a subway tile style backsplash.  To finish off, last spring we had tile put in to replace the linoleum floor.  It is a wonderful place to work and all the counter space makes it so easy to have multiple 'projects' going at one time!

I keep the spices to the right of our oven so they're on hand.  A quick trip to Penzey's last weekend re-inspired a desire to keep lots of fun salts, cinnamons, and spices on hand.

The stainless jars have breadcrumbs, couscous, oats, and flour respectively.  Sometimes I mix things in and out - but its fun to have stuff out and reachable.
What's a kitchen without some fruit on hand? 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment