Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tonight

We tried a new recipe - Polenta a la Amie.

Basically I found a package from Trader Joe's of Organic Polenta and thought I could whip it up into something creative! Also, I was coming back from Duke and generally we do better if it's something quick and easy for dinner.

Knowing nothing about polenta, I read a couple websites and the instructions on the packaging. I popped the pre-cooked polenta out of the plastic, cut it into rounds (thin) and set them in a lightly oiled pan. Covered it with pizza sauce, some sauteed veggies and cheese and voila - Polenta pizza-ish.

The nice thing about our dinners is a. Mike will eat anything, and b. anything home-cooked generally tastes really good as we're both starving when we get home.

Seeing as polenta is pretty low in calories, I was hungry again at 8:30pm. But it was a nice, light and healthy summer dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment