Monday, August 22, 2011

Sprouts!

Exciting things are happening in Cary!!

Last Friday I began our fall garden. It was a lot of fun - turning over the soil, dirt in my fingers, the whole bit! We are attempting to grow cauliflower and broccoli (were pre-grown sprouts) and from seeds: lettuce, carrots, okra, spinach, and the wild-card - watermelon! So far, the lettuce is peeking through. If even one of these things comes to full fruition, I'll be ecstatic. The whole thing is still a grand adventure.

Feeling a little nervous about school starting. Hoping that the prep work I've done this summer towards meal-planning will pay off. Really hate the "busy-ness" of school life. Having something at home to water and nurture is fun and a good way to stay grounded. And a fun way to spend time with nature.

Mike was totally my inspiration. He planted tomato plants at the beginning of the summer, and seeing his passion and excitement when they started to grow made me feel so happy :) Hoping we both enjoy our second jobs as farmers.

No comments:

Post a Comment