Sunday, August 11, 2013

Eating at home...

...despite our best efforts, this was quite the week.  We didn't eat at home as much as we'd like, but we did try.  It is hard when you're having work done on the house to not want to get out and eat out - simply to get out!  But this week is going to work better.  I'm thankful for a tip I read about meal planning, which is nothing more than common sense, that suggests you write down your calendar before you decide what to make/buy.  Sometimes I'll plan a week of meals, and then realize I've got 5 days of lunches with folks and am away 3 of the nights. 


This week will be a new start.  I have a couple nights away, but there are a few we'll be home together and can try again.  Mike's also encouraged me to work on some more basic and simple meals, rather than trying something complex.  I also watched a good episode of The Pioneer Woman, when she talked about making some freezer meals.  Sour Cream Noodle Bake is something I craved last fall - and its so good.  I'd probably sub the beef for turkey, though you can do what you like!

I've also decided I've got new inspiration for this blog.  One of the girls' "POV's" - points of view - really seemed like a great concept for me.  And I'm sorry to see she was kicked off too early!  She even has a blog.  Using 'meat on the side' - not cutting out meat, but using it as an accompaniment to a great meal, rather than the main event.  So I'm going to see how to do that with my own home cooking. Her recipes will probably be the best start.  Look at this - Pomegranate Goat Cheese spread - YUM!

Looking forward to a new start this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment