Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day One - about me :)

Yesterday I was happy to get in and out of the grocery store without too much spent - mostly just produce and things to restock.  I then 'splurged' because Lowe's Foods is having a 25% off Meat Sale.  So I stocked up mostly on ground meats to have for the fall - we have a lot of chili in this house.  But I've been inspired to pre-make some meals and put them in the freezer.  So I hope to do that soon...when an abundance of time presents itself perhaps.

In trying to get better about being on my blog, I thought I'd accept this 30-day challenge I found via Pinterest.  It seems pretty interesting for sure!

Some basic things about myself:

I try every day to understand more about my faith in Jesus and to spend time reading Scripture and praying.  It takes discipline and I don't always feel the fruits of such an investment of time, but I can sense greater peace on days I take time away...
I also work at being a better wife.  The more we're together, the more I'm learning that it'll take a lifetime to perfect.  But I love my husband greatly and am so thankful for him in my life. 
A close third - you know, to God and my husband, is coffee!!  I love how centering it is to brew a cup of coffee and just sit and savor it.  The 'older' I'm getting, the more snobbish I get about my coffee at home.  I like it really hot - the hotter the better sometimes.  I go back and forth as to whether I like creamer or not.  And I think we've found our favorite coffee shops around here: one is It's a Grind followed by The Wake Zone.  The coffee is amazing at It's a Grind - and of course, very hot!  The Wake Zone is the perfect place to go for anything else - lattes, smoothies, pastries, etc.  Neither is very conducive to working - maybe why I like it.  In Sanford, though, its hands down for Dandalia. YUM-o.
I guess for more 'basics': 
I love to run; 
I enjoy watching sports on TV; 
we like Scott Pelley in the evening, and I'm a GMA-junkie now in the mornings; 
I have an egg-white omelette every morning (that I'm not in a hurry); 
I need at least one day (or portion of day) alone (which I know will go bye-bye whenever we have kids); 
Mike and I love The Daily Show, The Colbert Report, Cake Boss, and Man v. Food;
I wish I could actually do 15% of the things I 'pin' on Pinterest;
I love family - the concept of family, but most of all my family, and would love even more time with them.

That was longer than I thought it'd be... looking forward to day two tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment