Saturday, December 29, 2012

Pumpkin Black Bean Soup

Upon returning home from my parents - and a few days worth of incredibly wonderful eating - Mike and I were up for some healthy eats.  My mom had mentioned this soup found on Pinterest, and I couldn't stop thinking about a hearty bowl of it.

As my gym is right next to the grocery store, I often scoot over after a work out.  For some reason - I picked up the 'pure pumpkin' to make sure it wasn't the pie filling, and must have set it down.  Hence why I made the avocado wraps instead...

I like this recipe.  Again - I added some pepper, and also added corn and white beans. Because the wraps were a little too salty, I didn't add quite the whole tablespoon this calls for.  I think it needed it.  Also, next time I would do what my mom did and not blend the soup.  I like the chili like texture better - and it didn't look pretty blended.  I used the agave sweetener and it was great!  Because my husband is into pumpkin seeds these days - I had the perfect garnish.

Give it a shot! =) Served it with a side spinach salad with pomegranate seeds and goat cheese - so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment