Saturday, November 30, 2013

Wonderful time!

Had a wonderful thanksgiving with family this year.  It was so fun to anticipate the meal and all its various elements.  Once I decided on the recipes, it was hard to keep the list narrow - and not want to change.  For example, Sausage, Apple, Walnut Stuffing.  Why not pecans? pears?  Oh the questions that plague me...seriously not a big deal.  But I will admit the last minute additions of corn pudding and roasted sweet potatoes/carrots.  Yum-O as Rachel Ray says. 

This year I was thoroughly hungry for the meal.  Last time I cooked I felt way too tired to actually feel like eating!  I wonder how many others go through similar things as they prepare meals for their families.  

It was such fun to have my mom alongside - a woman very committed to good eats, knowledgeable of all things cooking-related (i.e., how do you make gravy?!).  What joy.  

Though our leftovers are smushed into plastic bags in the fridge - looking akin to those thanksgiving meals we'd get in elementary school - I know they were prepared with love. :-)  Leftovers aren't quite the same - but its great to know we have food for DAYS in there.

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving.  I'm still stuck in that mode - not quite ready to turn the page to Advent.  Spending a month reading everyone's thankfulness on Facebook - I hope the trend continues.  I hope we all remain mindful of the many blessings in our lives <3

No comments:

Post a Comment