Friday, July 29, 2011

New post

Every summer I attempt blogging. Generally I get to a point where I have lots of time on my hands, and feel as though my thoughts are worth sharing. Inevitably, life gets busy and I'll get to a month from now and realize this was my only post.

But in contemplating life - and my poor basil plant, which suffers so from this heat - I realized that life can only go as fast as you allow it too. I've become (somewhat) disciplined in many respects, but one is attending to my basil plant. Mike and I began a garden in the spring, and the basil flourished and provided seasoning to many meals. In this summer heat, and subsequent exhaustion on my part, it's gone by the wayside.

My thought in this blog is not only chronicling this and the other plants in our garden, but also allowing for stepping stones to other thoughts. Present hobbies include prayer and scripture study, exercise, cooking, and reading. Each of these can stem from basil - well gardening in general.

Knowing myself as I do, however, were I to overstep my abilities by beginning this blog and be unable to maintain it properly, I can at least notify my friends and family how my beloved basil plant is doing!

Here's to living out the remainder of the summer of '11!

No comments:

Post a Comment